nyc

C. Petersen ottilie at u.washington.edu
Sun May 24 21:39:46 PDT 1998

I saw in the NYTimes today that Giuliani plans to eliminate the street vendors from most of Manhattan. How far can this guy go before he will finally lose popularity among new yorkers. These people obviously cause none of that ills that some of the reckless cab drivers, and they are one of the main symbols of the city that tourists come for along with broadway, central park, the yankees etc. When I was there once, I noticed how you can buy coffee and a dessert in manhattan cafes for about $12, or coffee and a bagel outside for $1.