Rorty (was Alterman and Rorty)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon May 25 19:11:06 PDT 1998

>John St.Clair:
>Hey, Ken, how 'bout some references. I'm familiar with (diggin' thru a
>syllabus) Senghor, Nkrumah, Nyerere, Houphouet-Boigny, Kaunda, Hountondji,
>Gyekye, Mbiti and Wiredu (who's here at USF, doing the _Cambridge Companion
>to African Phil._). Shameless plug.
>
>[Kenneth Mostern]
<<Ah, you put me to shame. My expertise is actually in African American, Afro-Caribbean and Afro-British writing, and while I've read most of the folks you named (not Gyekye or Wiredu) I have nothing special to add. On the other hand, I am writing a book on Du Bois' later work and the origin of "third worldist" marxisms -- as I work on it it becomes more and more about World Systems Theory and especially Wallerstein.>>

How about C.L.R. James? And Claudia Jones?

Yoshie