Scabs?

Trond Andresen t.andresen at uws.edu.au
Tue May 26 03:11:37 PDT 1998

At 10:05 26/05/98 +0100, Jim heartfield wrote:

>In Britain women have consistently polled higher support for the
>Conservative Party than men (a trend that has only weakened now that the
>Labour party has become very conservative itself).

In Norway women are on the average more anti-racist, more union-friendly, more green, more against EU membership. Without the women vote, Norway of today would have had a more right-wing government (today it is sort of slightly right of the centre), and we would have been a member of the EU.

The main reason for this political state of affairs, I think, is the large share of women in public sector jobs like schools, hospitals, kindergartens, care for the elderly, municipalities. Boy, am I glad we have them!

Trond Andresen