(a thought on Seinfeld)

Richard Marens parvus at u.washington.edu
Tue May 26 08:11:59 PDT 1998

> Never saw either of these efforts - but they all help confirm my belief
> that shows shouldn't go on for too long (long-standing BBC policy by the
> way).

> Rob.

Absolutely! i thought Seinfeld was (once upon a time) charming, with tales of revenge on one's boss, waiting for a table, picking a movie. But Seinfeld, David and NBC could not say "No Mas" (unlike Cleese or Atkinson, although Red Dwarf looks like it has caught the American disease). The economic explanation for the difference is too obvious to mention.