Clinton politics

Rosser Jr, John Barkley rosserjb at jmu.edu
Wed May 27 13:57:33 PDT 1998

Brad,

It is more than a question of incompetence, although there was some of that. It is also a matter of ideological stance. I would say that Clinton would have actually done better in the short term politically if he had in fact tilted more to the left, at least on some issues. Health care sticks out as one in particular, although I think that there are others.

I do happen to think that there are deep systemic problems with capitalism, but I am also, like Max, all for pushing for any "reforms" that will improve life wherever.

BTW, I go by my middle name, Barkley. "John" is what insurance salesmen and computers call me. Barkley Rosser

-- Rosser Jr, John Barkley rosserjb at jmu.edu