abortion litmus test

Richard Marens parvus at u.washington.edu
Sat May 30 10:29:44 PDT 1998

Some politically and religiously active Catholics suggested to me a couple of years back that they would have been more visible in the National Health Care debate (the Church probably runs more health care facilities than any other organization) had Clinton bent on abortion. I'm not endorsing this position in the least, but it does demostrate some of the political cross currents at work.