Pinochet, get back to HELL !

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Sun Nov 1 12:19:00 PST 1998

On Sat, 31 Oct 1998, emilio wrote:

> While a grace or a pardon, granted by the Head of State, suppress the
> execution of the feather, without suppressing the effects of the
> condemnation, the AMNESTY annuls the punishment and the fact and cause.

The amnesty annuls the *fact* ? One hopes there is a problem in translation here, because this is, of course, absurd. One might choose to let him get away with the FACT, that he was a bloody dictator, but one can not, and should not, make this fact go away.

> I appeal for your great sense of justice, for your latinity, for your

Oh gag, here we go with the nationalist, essentialist, chauvinist appeals to "latinity" again. Gimme a break.

> I dare to invite you help me to defend the State of the Right and not to

Oooh goody, more Religion. The State of the Right, consecrated by the omniscient. Please.

> succumb to the disgusting nowsday fashion liberalism.

Interesting footnote: My spelling checker wanted to capitalize "latinity" -- how appropriate, religions' names are normally capitalized

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com