Marcuse and the CIA

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 1 12:40:21 PST 1998

>What this represented was a reorientation from the battle over
>production that preoccupied revolutionaries before the War, to a contest
>over consumption, which preoccupied the New Left.
>
>- --
>Jim heartfield

By this do you mean, everyone getting a fair share of the pie, sort of thinking? If so, could this have happened in response to the rabid Anti-Communist years. (which I think are still with us, controlling us), and to the working-class being bought off by the vigor of capitalism after a crisis, the Social Dems, and the GI bill? The distraction of racism. Oops, rambling...

Anyway, I'm enjoying a much needed Marcuse seminar, but that last sentence lost me. Please go on.

pms