Marcuse and the CIA

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Mon Nov 2 03:40:19 PST 1998

> Michael Hoover
> writes
> >the tactic of the pigfucker.
> I have never fucked a pig (I suppose if I was to answer
> Michael Hoover in kind I would add "except for your wife").
> Jim heartfield

the *War Report of the OSS* (declassified in 1975) includes a flow chart on page 126 of the Research & Analysis Branch with Marcuse's name under the Germany/Austria section (Franz Neuman directed the section)...the 1946 *Register of the Department of State* includes HM under the German section of the Central Europe branch of the Office of Intelligence Research...the 1948 *Register* lists Marcuse as Acting Chief of the Central European branch...again, this info is not new and HM can be criticized on both subjective and objective grounds...

I inadvertently deleted post in which someone asked about the 1969 (by which time Marcuse was under attack from the right and left) PL article 'Marcuse: Cop-out or Cop'...the unidentified author(s) call HM 'G-Man Marcuse" and claim that his period as an intelligence analyst for three agencies of the US gov't began his work as a spy that continued unabated after he left the State Dept. at the end of 1951...the piece equates the anti-fascist work of OSS and the anti- communist work of the CIA (for whom Marcuse did not work, whether one is satisfied with HM's account that I posted is another matter)...

btw: I do not have a wife...your comment is presumptuous and typical, (note: I referred to the tactic of a pigfucker, I did not write that you had fucked a pig, I could not have known that)...Michael Hoover