Time to bulldoze the Jefferson Memorial?

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Tue Nov 3 08:05:19 PST 1998

> What is it that you find valuable
> in Marx ?

Presently, nothing. Haven't read him for 25 years. When I did read him I had at best a crude understanding of his economics and politics, and much less of his philosophy.

I got enough from it, however, to respect his body of work. And my curiousity has been piqued enough to consider giving Capital another go.

A major disincentive, however, is the apparently endless variations of interpretation. All you have to do is read one of Rakesh's posts to get a flavor of the intellectual chaos among those describing themselves as Marxists or heavy users of Marx.

MBS