Jesse The Balmy Wins in Minnesota

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Wed Nov 4 13:19:34 PST 1998

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Max Sawicky wrote:

> What I'm curious about is who was backing him.
> His web site is fairly well-articulated, as
> these things go. Who are his gurus, and who
> financed his run, if anyone? He's personally
> well-off, but not I suspect so much so as to
> finance his own campaign to any great extent.

My understanding, from a Minnesotan who voted Green and approves of Ventura's victory, is that he took no PAC money, had some low limit on individual contributions, and took no national Reform Party money. I assume he is well off and from what I understand, he only ran a week long TV blitz. Plus, Hump the Umpteenth, was never really anybody's (at least non Minnesotan's) idea of a Democrat.

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com