controversy

Peter Kilander peterk at enteract.com
Sat Nov 7 13:05:28 PST 1998

I agree with Doug. This is the same point I was trying to make to Louis about The Nation. Again, the dialectical method is a good way to learn the issues. It's frustrating to see positions you detest given equal weight to one's own, especially when one has expended so much time and energy arriving at one's own opinions. Nathan Newman's arguments, for instance, I find maddening. But, a lot of people agree with him.

I have some qualms about the Internet: only those who are relatively well-off have access - no matter how buried in debt they are; women seem to stay away. However, I would have saved a lot of time by learning about the left much quicker had the Internet been around in its current form back in the early '90s.

Peter