Why the hubbub about Ventura?

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Mon Nov 9 07:08:37 PST 1998

Re MBS: "You didn't get it. Respect was not the issue. This guy got 37% of the vote. If anyone's odd, it isn't him. Or else everyone is odd and no one is odd."

Au contraire, you didn't get it. I suspect this is a purely contextual dispute and certainly nothing worth protracting. Let me clarify that I was talking about the *national* significance of Ventura's election. Look at everyone who has ever been elected a state governor in the nation's history; now, look at Ventura. The man is a purely isolated phenomenon -- at oddball, if you will.

Carl Remick