Forwarded message

Mon Nov 9 10:01:36 PST 1998

Stop U.S. imperialist aggression and mass murder.

The blockade of Iraq is a crime against humanity. No more blood for oil.

How many more children must die for capitalist profits while their politicians spout pious hypocrisy on "human rights" ?

Charles Brown

Detroit

In a message dated 11/8/98 8:38:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, kkelly at igc.apc.org writes:

<< Subj: A Call for Action

Date: 11/8/98 8:38:33 PM Eastern Standard Time

From: kkelly at igc.apc.org (Kathy Kelly)

To: kkelly at igc.apc.org

Dear Friends,

We welcome this evening's news that, following a weekend meeting at Camp

David, President Clinton indicated he will not order an immediate military

strike against Iraq. However, we remain dismayed by the ongoing failure by

the US government and media to recognize that Iraqi civilians endure lethal

use of force every day as a result of US/UN economic warfare against Iraq.

Eight years of crippling economic sanctions continue to target Iraq's most

vulnerable people by denying them the ability to trade their valuable

resources, particularly oil, for desperately needed food, medicine, and

equipment.

We urge you to act soon while all options remain open for the Clinton

administration to authorize bombardment on top of starvation and disease as

a means to punish Iraqi people. Help people realize that the sanctions

constitute relentless lethal force and that innocent Iraqi people, caught

between opposing forces, are subjected to cruel and unjust punishment.

May we suggest the following actions:

1) Contact the White House to urge that the US public be educated about the

effects of sanctions on the civilian population of Iraq and to further state

you believe it is wrongful to starve a nation's people for eight years and

then bomb them.

2) Many of you already have 11 x 17 enlarged pictures taken in Iraq by our

previous delegations. These can be copied onto adhesive paper and then

affixed to the windows and walls of your local federal building. We think

it's appropriate to rely on civil disobedience actions, locally, as a means

commensurate to the misery wrought by an eight-year state of siege.

3) Our thanks to all who responded to our last letter by sending a

contribution. Additional funds will help us continue sending teams to Iraq

where on-the-ground reporting will help bring attention to realities

experienced by Iraqi people.

Thank you for your ocntinued support.

Sincerely,

Voices in the Wilderness

Voices in the Wilderness

A Campaign to End the US/UN Economic Sanctions Against the People of Ira q

1460 West Carmen Ave.

Chicago, IL 60640

ph:773-784-8065; fax: 773-784-8837

email: kkelly at igc.apc.org