UAW and union democracy in TA unionism

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Wed Nov 11 09:46:56 PST 1998

<< Nathan Newman wrote:

> A fun little note across the email transom about UAW suppression of

> internal democracy at UC-Santa Barbara. All too familiar --Nathan

Coming from such a staunch defender of the Democratic Party this complaint

about the UAW is both extraordinarily naive and in wild contradiction to the

defense of the equally "undemocratic" dems.

As a former UAWnik, I take exception to the comparison. The union _is_ a worker's worganization, after all, and despite its bureaucratic deformation not wholly commited to advancing the power of capital. But Nathan is a classic pqog, love the Dems, hate ther unions. They unions are filled with no-neck low lifes who drink Pabst and watch pro wrestling, yechh. --jks