UAW and union democracy in TA unionism

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Wed Nov 11 10:52:58 PST 1998

Dear Doug and the LBOers,

For some reason the UAW seems to have problems when they get involved with organizing educational institutions. They no doubt will get better at it as time goes on.

The best orchestrated UAW campaign I've seen was at Oberlin College. The UAW forced out a college president and embarrassed Oberlin publicly in the Nation and the Progressive magazines. Regional Director Warren Davis is a smart and sound leader, too bad his regional rank&file is so backward and lazy. One political analyst attributes this to the high proportion of "whoopies"(southerners) in the UAW.

As far as third parties go in general, "show me the money".

Sincerely and fraternally, Tom Lehman