It was Dalton Trumbo

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Nov 14 07:37:27 PST 1998

Paul Buhle: Yup, it's Trumbo who wrote BAD DAY under the table. That explains a lot. Last nite I saw IVANHOE, which has great material on anti-Semitism. Pretty amazing u ntil you realize that it, too, was lefty-written. Only toard the end of the '50s, with DEFIANT ONE and such, does the racial material begin to rise to where it was about 1949, but that provides another bridge from my teenhood to the '60s, and to the open political expressions hitherto denied.

Louis Proyect (http://www.panix.com/~lnp3/marxism.html)