IMF and Progressives

Patrick Bond pbond at wn.apc.org
Sat Nov 14 23:58:21 PST 1998

> Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 20:28:46 -0800 (PST)
> From: Dennis R Redmond <dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
> I remember walking around Geneva and marveling at the fact
> that people *obeyed the traffic rules*, stopping even at unmarked streets.
> Invading armies would be simply politely chastened to death.

No, just get the invadors into the "queue" at a railway ticket office, and then they'd be trampled.

Likewise my German relatives always got angry in a guilty sort of way when I pointed out the respect for authority implicit in their pedestrian behaviour, and disrespect for humanity implicit in queuing patterns...

P.