Review of Sokal & Bricmonts' _FASHIONABLE NONSENSE_ in NY Times Book Review

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Thu Nov 19 08:28:16 PST 1998

Doyle Saylor wrote:

Frances got on my case about this same sort of thing when I

> brought this disability as the metaphor for the margin up to Max. You know
> it is funny, but Max listened to me with respect, and he respectfully call
> me a builder of mountains out of molehills. I guess that is all I want is
> respect for my point of view. What is the harm.

There is no harm that I can see. If there was greater public awareness of the points you have made that would be one thing, but there isn't, so I see taking the opportunity to explore these potentially pejorative language themes as necessary.

Marta