Oppresseder than thou

Miles Jackson cqmv at odin.cc.pdx.edu
Thu Nov 19 10:02:06 PST 1998

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Rob Schaap wrote:

> I'm suddenly wondering if this logic can, or should, be applied to sexual
> differences. I mean, when gender differences are defeated, we still seem
> to be left with differences, don't we?
>
> Just a thought as I mark my miserable way into Friday ...

But the important question here is: will the differences matter in any practical social sense? There are an infinite number of differences between any two people--in my mind, the political goal is to keep these existing differences from sedimenting into markers for inequality. Hence the importance of gender and race.

Miles Jackson cqmv at odin.cc.pdx.edu