Hybrid Marxism (1)

alexlocascio at juno.com alexlocascio at juno.com
Sat Nov 21 07:46:37 PST 1998

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998 17:26:46 -0500 "Henry C.K. Liu" <hliu at mindspring.com> writes:
>K:
>
>The American Revolution was not listed not because it was not "great".
>It was indeed a very important event in history.
>Its just that from my perspective and in the context of the theme in the
postings, the American "Revolution" was really a cessationist movement
>for local independence rather than a struggle for fundamental social
>change, as evidenced by the postponement of the slavery issue for a
>century after independence.

The fact that those involved in the American Revolution were basically rejecting monarchy doesn't make it a struggle for fundamental social change? How about the fact that the French Revolutionaries were inspired by their American counterparts?

___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]