Right to Chose

JayHecht at aol.com JayHecht at aol.com
Wed Nov 25 15:13:58 PST 1998

<< In the event of any type of mandate to carry

a pregnancy to term, I would say that the state

has a responsibility to support the resulting

child in some way or another.

>> Max,

With all due respect, I beg to differ on your position regarding abortion.

1) Raising and supporting children in some way or other requires a profound amount of time, concentration, persistence, etc - let alone the whole need for financial resources.

2) What are your thoughts about being 17 and pregnant?

3) Bearing a child is a very complex emotional endeavor (forgetting about health risks). If a women doesn't have the support (internal and external), what kind of situation is she going into?

Look, I respect you position 1000%, and probably can find common ground on this issue, but a woman's right to decide to bear children is fundamental.

Jason