on centrism (humor) (was RE: Brenner in Johannesburg)

alec ramsdell a_ramsdell at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 25 17:14:44 PST 1998

Max Sawicky wrote:

>That's the problem w/these more-left-than-thou
>types. When they snap, they do a 180 degree
>number.

I had sworn off posting song lyrics some time ago, but I can't kick this infantile thing (sorry). Anyway, here's a plea for centrism from The Minutemen, "Spoken Word Piece," on _Three Way Tie for Last_. That's entertainment.

[military/helicopter radio transmissions in background]

Liberal man meets Conservative man.

CM wears his myth on his skin.

LM has to explain his and keeps his shirt buttoned and his sleeves rolled dowm.

CM greets LM with a well-rehearsed cold stare.

LM replies by issuing forth horse-shit.

CM retaliates by taking his concrete reality of the situation and lodging it like a wedge between both sides of LM's brain.

LM is caught off-gaurd by this apparent non-abstraction.

There is one full minute of confusion.

LM becomes CM.

CM becomes LM.

Was is declared.

LM shoots and calls for reinforcements.

CM is set upon by a mob and murdered.

Said mob then turns on LM and he dies a broken man.

[gun fire in background]