"womanhood" and abortion

JayHecht at aol.com JayHecht at aol.com
Wed Nov 25 15:28:00 PST 1998

<<

It seems rather dismissive to suggest that a woman

goes through such a terrible heartwrenching procedure

because she can't fit into her prom dress or because

she's ashamed of a child with a cleft foot or even

Downes' Syndrome.

>> Max (and everybody else)

With all due (and deep) respect: this is total crap - don't try to equate Downes Syndrome with all this other stuff. My mother grew up with a sister with Downes - my grandparents did not have the resources to get her the proper help (this was the 1930s) and it put a tremendous strain on the family (there were 6 other children). My mother urged me (nay, demanded) that my wife have an amnio test. "Walk a mile in somebody's shoes before you criticize and accuse."

Jason