Number Eleven

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Sat Nov 28 14:16:55 PST 1998

Dear Doug and the LBOers,

Well, before I go outside and continue putting up Christmas lights. I thought I'd mention Baffler Number Eleven which is now on the news stands. Although, I haven't receieved my issue in the mail; I like the magazine so much that I picked a copy up today at the Oberlin co-op.

There is a great first person account by Marc Cooper of his escape from Chile during the Pinochet led coup. I've read various bits and pieces by Cooper over the years and this pulls the whole story together.

I'm curious if anyone recalls a short history of the Chilean tragedy written about a year after the coup. It contained the story of the executions in the stadium and other details.

Doug has a sidebar in ths issue.

Sincerely, Tom L.