Reds and Greens

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Nov 30 17:58:18 PST 1998

>Review. Also, Louis Harvey has taken Harvey to task over several issues
>in a forthcoming issue of the Rev. of Radical Political Economics.
>
>michael yates

Actually, the Louis Harvey referred to above is me. One issues is whether the Nazis were "radical ecologists". Harvey says yes and I say no. Closely related to this issue is whether the American Indian had more ecological awareness than the capitalist class. Harvey says they don't. I say they do.

I have been writing about red-green issues for over four years now and my articles can be found at:

http://www.panix.com/~lnp3/mydocs/my_ecology.htm

I consider myself very close to John Bellamy Foster politically. I should also mention that Paul Burkett has been working on a comprehensive analysis of the ecological implications of Marx's thought that will be published by St. Martin's Press this year.

Louis Proyect (http://www.panix.com/~lnp3/marxism.html)