Republican Party Advances in California...

W. Kiernan WKiernan at concentric.net
Sun Oct 4 18:36:12 PDT 1998

Chuck Grimes wrote:

> Brad De Long wrote:
> >
> > Paul Rosenberg wrote:
> > >
> > > That doesn't mean I'd even DREAM of voting for Gray Davis for
> > > Governor.
> > >
> > > There IS a difference between flexible and flaccid.
> >
> > Thus Dan Lundgren gains half a vote, and moves one step closer to
> > becoming Governor of California...
>
> Yeah, yeah. I threw my vote away once on Eldrige Cleaver ('68) and
> I'll never do that again. Sure I've heard all that vote green, vote
> this and that. Forget it. This is a war, and you just have to live
> with Demos, because otherwise, we'll all be living in some
> christian-fascist penal colony. (Not that we don't anyway--but I have
> become used to the minor sops at tolerance that the Democrats claim to
> support and that still remain in place). Bysides, nobody on the ballot
> is advocating an overthrow of capitalism.

Yeah, but sometimes the mother-fucker just plain makes you puke, you go into the ballot booth and it's like there's a steel bar shackled to your wrist prohibiting you from casting that strategically desirable vote against the worser of the two shits. That's the way it was with me in '96, right after that now-infamous sex-maniac delivered the coup de grace to AFDC.

I couldn't, I couldn't, I couldn't, and I'll be damned if I'll be ashamed of that. Worst thing I ever saw. If the fascists hang Clinton, at least I'll have the consolation of seen that bastard, who decided to starve the babies, dangling.

Yours in a huff, WDK - WKiernan at concentric.net

** But O that magic feeling, nowhere to go - McCartney **