Social and Economic Well-Being by Race and Hispanic Origin

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Oct 5 09:19:00 PDT 1998

It was an article by Gregory Pappas et al, which I used in my State of the USA Atlas, but unfortunately I mangled the reference and the full cite is missing in the notes. The excerpt I used in the graphic was:

DEATHS OF PEOPLE AGED 24-65 BY INCOME AND RACE

income <$9,000 -------------- black men 19.5 white men 16.0 black women 7.6 white women 6.5

income >$25,000 --------------- black men 3.6 white men 2.4 black women 2.3 white women 1.6

Doug