Social and Economic Well-Being by Race and Hispanic Origin

Fellows, Jeffrey jmf9 at cdc.gov
Mon Oct 5 11:25:00 PDT 1998

Be wary of NEJM analyses. I don't think they have economics reviewers. I've seen some horrible economics work printed there, especially recently. There's a joke among public health economists that if the analysis is crap you can always get it into the NEJM. This study may have been good, it has been some time since I read it, but it would be good because of the authors and not the review process.

Jeff

---------- From: michael at ecst.csuchico.edu To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: Social and Economic Well-Being by Race and Hispanic Origin Date: Monday, October 05, 1998 11:53AM

McCord, Colin and Freeman, Harold P. 1990. "Excess Mortality in Harlem." New England Journal of Medicine. 322: 3 (January 18).