Republican Party Advances in California

Jeffrey Levin jlevin at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 5 21:47:24 PDT 1998

One of the worst effects of the liberal left's support for Clinton is that the kinds of social movements James Farmelant describes tend to back off of organizing and mobilizing in favor of lobbying and compromise, seduced by the idea that they might get a little piece of the pie.

The left will need to figure out how to engage simultaneously in electoral and non-electoral politics. We should take a cue from the right and focus our electoral energy on local campaigns. Local governments control significant resources that can be used to build the capacity of progressive forces.

Jeffrey Levin <jlevin at pacbell.net>

-----Original Message----- From: James Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Monday, October 05, 1998 1:38 PM Subject: Re: Republican Party Advances in California