Speculation on speculators

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Tue Oct 6 06:07:53 PDT 1998

Thought this was a choice quote, from the Financial Times' John Plender's column on "Western Crony Capitalism" (10/4): "If there is something genuinely unusual in the present crisis, it is that the doyen of the hedge fund managers, George Soros himself, is arguing for draconian re-regulation. In effect, his message is: 'Stop me before I kill again.' As one seasoned analyst remarks, while Mr Soros worries upstairs about the world, his manager Stanley Druckenmiller asks all comers below, "what should I be shorting today?" Do the policymakers in Washington have the will to rise to Mr Soros's challenge?" Carl Remick