Video Victorianism

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Thu Oct 8 16:02:15 PDT 1998

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998 JKSCHW at aol.com wrote:

> A terrible argument. I would like proportional representation, but not because
> the American system is old. In fact, (a) it's very successful and stable and
> accoredingly widely imitated asa model by newer systems

A model for who? Sure, first-past-the-post was widely copied -- in the 19th century. But almost all 20th century democracries have chosen some form of PR system -- including practically all of the former Eastern bloc countries. We and that other decaying country, Britain, are the only holdouts.

-- Dennis