Chomsky and Hero Worship

Peter Kilander peterk at enteract.com
Sun Oct 11 02:15:10 PDT 1998

>Max Sawicky wrote:
>
>> In These Times or some damn left
>> organ.
>
>ITT is one of the misses of Cox's index. I dropped my sub quite a few
>years ago, and it is still chugging along, even sponsoring stupid
>conferences (charge $100) in Chicago that pre-empt the space of a very
>fine annual conference, Midwest Radical Scholars and Activists. I do
>hear that that creep Jon Judis no longer writes for it, but it still
>supinely tails the Demireps.

And the new publisher is the former founder of Vegetarian Times. Supposedly he's been hired to try to improve marketing and basically clean up the business end. And so he has, figuring out that the accountant that Weinstein hired had been ripping off the mag for a while. It's nice to see that our donations were so carefully watched over.

-Peter, keeping watch on the Maginot line of the left