Chomsky and Hero Worship

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Oct 11 10:16:49 PDT 1998

Carrol Cox wrote:

>ITT is one of the misses of Cox's index. I dropped my sub quite a few
>years ago, and it is still chugging along, even sponsoring stupid
>conferences (charge $100) in Chicago that pre-empt the space of a very
>fine annual conference, Midwest Radical Scholars and Activists. I do
>hear that that creep Jon Judis no longer writes for it, but it still
>supinely tails the Demireps.

There was a rumor circulating a while ago that Weinstein wanted to make ITT the official organ of the New Party. They deserve each other.

I've got to defend Judis, though. His politics are kind of ugly - Listian nationalist, I suppose you could say, like Michael Lind - but he's a smart fellow and did original research and reporting around DC. Since most left journalism these days consists of striking moral poses at tedious length, that was a refreshing change.

Doug