Many Thanks

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 12 23:28:12 PDT 1998

Hi Friends and Neighbors-

I want to thank everyone that responded to my investment queries, on and off list.

A couple of points:

Greg, please don't worry about advise going awry. I trust my own instincts on investment decisions.(as much as anyone). I just need info. Like the CEF stuff is something to think about.

Mainly, I couldn't find the fund I wanted, now I have though. Over 11% in Toyota,( I love Toyotas) with about 20 other Japanese blue-chips. I have no fear Japan will make a comeback, though I'm starting to wonder if we will always be welcome in their markets, long term.

I also don't understand how how currency valuations effect long term risk. That makes me uncomfortable.

As far as disposable income, Dennis, you can invest as little as $25 a month. This is the kind of high stacks player I am.

I just want to transfer the $1000 I moved to bonds last April, into something more fun.

It's not how much, it's how you play the game.

One other practical matter bothers me. I remember Andrew Tobias saying that Money Market funds can, and have, lost money. I'd like to open a brokerage account, but I'm worried that they might tend to have relatively reckless MM funds. And this is like, my mortgage, if I break a leg- money. So I've been reluctant to park it in a brokerage account, though I was fairly salivating for ATT when it was $35.

BTW, I got my glorious old house, peeling paint and all, at a fabulous discount, in a neighborhood with a rapidly rising premium. I just wish I'd have gotten hip to the money game about 20 years sooner. I'd have been dangerous!

EXPOSE CORPORATE SUBVERSION AND POLITICAL PUPPETS

smooches pms