life expectancy in FSU

W. Kiernan WKiernan at concentric.net
Tue Oct 13 18:50:09 PDT 1998

Hello Doug!

Also see this web page published by the Journal of the American Medical Association:

http://www.ama-assn.org/sci-pubs/journals/archive/jama/vol_279/no_10/lf71019a.htm

The data are rather old, referring to 1990-1994. I shudder to think how things have further deteriorated since then. Also have a look at the followup article, which is linked to on that page:

http://www.ama-assn.org/sci-pubs/sci-news/1998/snr0311.htm#jlf71019

Look at those fatuous suggestions for improving the Russian health figures - increased taxes on booze, together with an anti-smoking campaign! Nothing like a pack of bourgeois for deliberately missing the main issue.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at concentric.net

ps: I actually thought for a second when I first saw the header that "FSU" was the Florida State University, home of the Seminoles. I've been living in the stix for too long...