A note on the American century (not what you think)

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Wed Oct 14 01:40:48 PDT 1998

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Greg Nowell wrote:
> >It does not seem likely that the century
> >will be American. I mean, what about investing in a
> >"British Century" fund in 1898? Yow!
>
> Ok, so whose will be the 21stC?

The Euro-Nippo-Century would be accurate, but it sounds like the kind of hairstyling accessories that get sold on late night TV. Maybe Europacific is better, or even Europac. Which sounds like the vacuum cleaners that get pitched right after the hairstyling accessories slot. The future ain't what it used to be.

-- Dennis