enough is enough andthe value of a buck

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 14 19:47:41 PDT 1998

>I have very mixed feelings about this. I hate Clinton, hate hate hate, but
>persecuting a guy for a blow job is a very bad precedent. The people behind
>it are horrid snoops & social disciplinarians.

Doug, I think you're giving them too much credit. I think these motives, bad as they are, would be a step up, many steps up, actually, for these people.

But, I don't think Clinton is in any real danger of being impeached. IMHO the deal has been done and the video release was the Repubs 1st step to impeachment fade-out. I thought it would unravel after the election but it seems to be unraveling as I type. Talk about transparancy. First the invisible hand is made visible, and now the "right-wing conspiracy" just rang the door-bell and yelled "trick or treat".

VALUE OF A BUCK, REVISITED

> This financial crisis is just like an active volcano, and the common
>wishes of the international communities for increasing the exchange rate
>of US Dollars to Thai Baht are like the lava boiling beneath.

Ju-chang He's analysis of the situation strikes at the heart of what I was trying to understand about currency valuation-how often and how reliably it can be manipulated. For all I know, (not much) we're launching monetary missles all the time.

WHO THINKS WE SHOULD BOMB OR INVADE KOSOVO-RAISE YOUR HAND

NIGHTY-NITE paula