Rebuttal of anti-Sovietism

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Oct 16 11:12:54 PDT 1998

(clip)
> When the official Soviet archives show that 3/4 of a million
>were executed by the state (mostly criminals, traitors, and Nazi war
>criminals) then perhaps we should morn for their lost souls.
> Comrade X

Say, is this the same Comrade X who was in the cast of Sam Fuller's "Pickup on South Street"? I seem to recall her as an unsmiling brunette who prevailed over cell meetings underneath a portrait of Stalin, in a basement apartment in a Connecticut suburban cul-de-sac.

Ya gotta watch out for them traitors. There were everywhere. That's why Stalin had to send a hit squad to Mexico, to take care of traitor number one Leon Trotsky.

Once all those traitors were taken care of, it became easier to implement the Popular Front which tied the Communist Parties to bourgeois parties. In Cuba, it led the CP to back Batista while in the US, it inspired the CP to hail putting Japanese-Americans in concentration camps.

Louis Proyect