Kelley Krouse (Re: Hi Prices & Flak for El Profesor)

Frances Bolton (PHI) fbolton at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Fri Oct 16 14:50:45 PDT 1998

> On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, K wrote:
>

> > Well I would have been a great informant, but see I just moved from
> > NY to FL and I'm adjusting to the change in prices from one region
> > to the next. Milk is *much* more expensive. And cheese, too. Is
> > it possible to get good cheese in Florida without spending $10.00 a
> > pound?

Kelley,

I think you wrote this--there are decent, albeit expensive cheeses, at a place called Giacanno's (I think) Market on Macdill, just past Bay-to-Bay. To briefly answer your question, no,it is not possible to get decent cheese here cheap. But fresh squeezed orange juice is cheaper than Tropicana. I've spent the last 14 months trying to find decent food here, and would be happy to share whatever I've learned with you--contact me offlist. I buy parmagian (sp) in blocks when I go to NJ--it's cheaper. You're just down the hall from me so I can bring some back for you in Nov. if you want.

Frances who found Nutella for 2.99 a jar at the chinese supermarket.