more right-wing radio

James Devine jdevine at popmail.lmu.edu
Sat Oct 17 12:23:26 PDT 1998

Doug wrote:
>Back during the Bush era, Summers co-authored a paper with his wife, a
>lawyer, very cautiously suggesting a transactions tax on securities trading
>(a position he no doubt left behind in Cambridge). I quoted it in a Nation
>editorial. When the factchecker called him to verify that he'd written it,
>he exploded, saying it was just a speculative academic paper he didn't want
>appropriated for "political" use.

wasn't it Summers who gave a superpatriotic flag-waving talk at an ASSA/American Economics Association convention a few years ago?

Even if it wasn't he, I'd like to hear who it was (Sachs?) and what the bloody details were from someone who was there.

Jim Devine jdevine at popmail.lmu.edu & http://clawww.lmu.edu/Departments/ECON/jdevine.html