Fed cuts rates; crisis over?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Oct 18 17:23:36 PDT 1998

>Little Red Whorehouse indeed. Hmmm last time I
>was there I was with an alum who'd performed at a
>reunion. We tried to campout on campus grounds,
>near that pompous looking white building with
>fountains and statues and such. Got kicked off by
>campus security, of course. But why the pretense
>that Bard is somehow different from Yale.
>Honestly, it's more of an ironclad ideology
>machine with the pretense of being leftish, even
>radical at times. Really, Proyect, a little
>agnosticism on your part would be helpful this
>time.
>
>SnitgrrRl

Actually, the only thing that the Bard College of 1961-65 and today's school have in common is the name. Leon Botstein turned the place into something, I understand, more like Swarthmore than what it was. What is was when I was there was more similar to Goddard, Antioch or Black Mountain. Times change.

Louis Proyect (http://www.panix.com/~lnp3/marxism.html)