random walk

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 19 06:44:39 PDT 1998

>"Postmodernism is the logic of a capitalism not embattled, but complacent
>beyond precedent. Resistance can only start by staring down this order as
>it is."
> - Perry Anderson, The Origins of Postmodernity (Verso, 1998), p. 118.
>
>Is that period of complacency now ending? Will Fred Jameson have to find a
>new schtick?
>
>Doug

This is the first sentence i've seen the word POSTMODERNITY in, that made any sense.

>Why *did* Bush pick him to be chief economist of the World Bank, anyway?
>
>Doug

Because he's a drugged up whore? Ah, the Meeseness of it all.

>*does* have a section entitled "panic Urine".

Did anyone else ever think that Serano's "Piss Christ" was about stakeing our salvation in random drug testing. I almost never read culture columns, but that's what it meant to me.

Avoiding Work Paula