apologies

Mike Yates mikey+ at pitt.edu
Mon Oct 19 19:57:54 PDT 1998

Friends,

First, let me apologize to Chuck Grimes. In reading his long post about food, I did not notice that he was talking about Gallo wine consumption of a long time ago. (BTW you cannot get wine in a supermarket in State College or anyplace in PA, only in a state-owned liquor store, and then certainly the selection was very limited, though today it is much better. I know. I drink a lot!). However, the discussion about boycotts has been interesting. Chuck , I hope you did not take the comment personally in any event.

I also apologize to those (pms and sntgrll, I believe)who criticized me for being condescending. In future, I will either respond in detail or just not respond at all.

Thanks to all for kind comments about my book, "Power on the Job."

Also, I really am a nice guy! Just ask Doug.

michael yates