GirrRl and Politically Purchaseing Power

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 21 15:45:43 PDT 1998

> I'm not saying capitalism is men's fault, but I
>can't imagine even yukky
>> women coming up with this system. But I'm
>repeating myself. Myself. Myself.
>>
>Whether they would do same had they been in power
>is beyond, what I do know is that I it was a rare
>woman in academia who *wasn't* an ardent and
>punitive defender of the hoop jumping status quo.

Right you are on this count Francis. Right now in my environment, I'm bugged by dominate men and the dominated, but cooperative women who support them. And you know, sometimes it's just fun to say something bitchy.

BTW, your off list comment on the southern nature of Tampa is duly noted. I guess I'm mainly thinking of South Florida, which is totally northern and has plenty of deli's. When I was in Tampa, we rarely went 1/2 mile from Desoto hall. And when we did venture out, it was Sarasota and New College which was probably not typical of the population.

Sorry guys Paula