tax burdens

JayHecht at aol.com JayHecht at aol.com
Thu Oct 22 08:35:07 PDT 1998

<< Does it boost worker take-home pay, or is it

mostly a subsidy to low-wage employers? The last time I talked to her she

was saying that its effect boosting the take-home pay of the less-skilled

was larger than its effect reducing the cost of hiring to those who employ

the less-skilled. But the issue is far from settled.. >>

Brad,

Earning $8,000/year with a child or two doesn't seem to be very appealing. Would you or I want to live under these conditions.

While the marginal effects may seem interesting for economists - NOT ONE ECONOMIST would ever want to have to be subjected to the EITC.

Jason