Home Owmership This High

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Fri Oct 23 11:09:33 PDT 1998

Dear Brad and Max,

I'm in the middle of putting together a Halloween party for 500 or more little monsters tonight at our learning center.

I'd love to see some numbers by geographical area on rents and property taxes. I know they exist and they will differ by region. My hunch is that landlords, even the kindest, are in it for the money. As I pointed out to Max my knowledge of landlords big and small is that they will be motivated by greed not need. They may cut a special deal for a good tenat, but, thats about it.

One thing you guys may want to consider is suburban sprawl. How will these people who have gotten into these 5 acre mini-estates fare in an economic downturn. Many of these people are of limited economic means and income potential. I have read this is a national trend; people moving out of the county that the city is located in and into an adjoining county. Either motivated by white flight, lower taxes or both.

Sincerely, Tom