FYI: "Market Survey" : Bullish on the Left

Michael Cohen mike at cns.bu.edu
Sat Oct 24 14:17:26 PDT 1998

In trying to get a hold late of the Brenner issue of the NLR I was told this was sold out locally so I tried to track this back to the distributor. The Distributor is Bernard DeBoer in Nuttly New Jersey. When I asked the distributor if there were any of this issue available he responded it was hopeless. After numerous printings this issue of the Journal had sold out due to popular demand. I did want to get a personal copy of this issue but I can always go to one of the many good libraries here and photocopy the article so this is only a problem of time.

While one has to view political details like this with caution, namely there is probably a good deal of ideosyncratic reason why this particular issue is popular, I view this fact as very positive. It may very well be that the average reader of Brenner is as reflective of the general public as the neo-liberterian public which populate talk boards like http://www.intellectualcapital.com.

--mike -- Michael Cohen mike at cns.bu.edu Work: 677 Beacon, Street, Rm313 Boston, Mass 02115 Home: 25 Stearns Rd, #3 Brookline, Mass 02146 Tel-Work: 617-353-9484 Tel-Home:617-734-8828 Tel-FAX:617-353-7755