Tobin Tax: ul Haq

R. Went WENT at fee.uva.nl
Tue Oct 27 13:20:29 PST 1998

Yes, I've read the book and I can surely recommend it as a very useful source for background, arguments and data in support of a Tobin tax. I found one of the interesting features that authors have different appreciations here and there and therefore some discussion among each other. Also, more technical questions (how to avoid evasion, etc.) are dealt with in a very useful way.

Robert Went

> Date sent: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 00:00:19 +0000
> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com
> From: Chris Burford <cburford at gn.apc.org>
> Subject: Tobin Tax: ul Haq
> Send reply to: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com

> Does anyone know or can recommend "The Tobin Tax" by Mahbub ul Haq et al,
> Oxford, OUP 1996?
>

> Chris Burford

Drs. Robert Went

Faculty of Economics and Econometrics