Mickey protected!

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Thu Oct 29 09:55:00 PST 1998

Re Michael's comment below: I have long believed that intellectual property is the soft underbelly of global capitalism today. There are really no safeguards that can adequately secure key intellectual property like software, prescription drugs, videos, CDs -- the list goes on and on.

Carl Remick

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Perelman [mailto:michael at ecst.csuchico.edu] Sent: Thursday, October 29, 1998 12:33 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: Mickey protected!

I believe that intellectual property rights are one of the key defenses left against the ravages of competition. I have been trying to push this idea [without much success] over on pen-l.

Perhaps we can spur some discussion about this subject on LBO. --

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901